Mentors provide a fast way to encourage consistent practices on-the-job.
PGMP Mentors work closely with your project managers and project personnel to build project management competency while ensuring the successful execution of projects.
Our mentors actively participate in projects to ensure standards are being adopted and help provide a comfortable transition when deploying new processes, practices, and templates. This type of personalized knowledge transfer from experienced resources encourages the development of competencies more easily gained through example, guided learning, and hands-on practice.
Ways Mentors Can Help
- Coach your staff in project management processes, methods, and best practices to accelerate the effectiveness of major change initiatives that impact the entire organization.
- Pilot a new initiative working side-by-side with one or more of your project managers to apply standard project management practices in a consistent manner.
- Review the status of projects in the portfolio and make recommendations for improved execution through the coaching and mentoring of project managers.
- Identify risks early that could potentially negative impact on the project, and develop mitigation plans.
- Conduct project health checks to identify issues in a timely manner and assist team members in taking appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Foster collaborative working relationships and develop a community of project management practitioners.
- Reinforce recent training to ensure concepts from the classroom are put into practice.
- Fill in for an extended period of time during an unexpected absence of the project or program manager.